Level 1: Basic iRest® Yoga Nidra Training
Developed over 30 years by Richard Miller PhD, iRest Yoga Nidra meditation supports psychological, physical and spiritual health, healing and awakening.
How It Works
iRest is an accessible meditation protocol that is integrative, as it heals unresolved issues and traumas, and restorative, as it aids practitioners in recognizing the underlying peace of mind that is always present amidst all changing circumstances in life.
Due to its effectiveness and ease of use, iRest has proven to effectively support the healing process across a broad range of populations, including those with PTSD, chronic pain, sleep issues, high stress, depression, and anxiety.
In this Level 1 Training, you will learn:
- The core principles and practice of iRest meditation.
- How to use iRest for your personal practice.
- How to teach and deliver iRest simply yet effectively in group and individual settings.
Following the Level 1 Training, you will:
- Join a global community of teachers teaching iRest in yoga studios, sleep clinics, rehabilitation and healthcare facilities, hospice, prisons, universities, schools, as well as in private practice.
- Be able to list yourself on the IRI website as a Level 1 Teacher in Training.
- Be able to access our “Teacher Resources” and our “Teachers Community Network” for further personal and professional support.
- Be recommended by IRI to people seeking iRest teachers in their local area.
Required and Recommended Reading
REQUIRED reading and listening:
Richard Miller, Yoga Nidra: A Meditative Practice for Deep Relaxation and Healing (book with audio CD).
RECOMMENDED reading and listening:
iRest Program for Healing PTSD – BookiRest Program for Healing Meditations with Richard Miller (audio recordings)
Integrative Restoration—iRest: The Principles and Practice of Yoga Nidra (6-volume audio recording)
iRest at Ease with Richard Miller (audio recording) or iRest at Ease with Kelly Boys (audio recording)
Resting in Stillness (audio recording)
Read an article by Samantha Kinkaid about Level I and II iRest Yoga Nidra trainings here >>
Read an article by Gemma Adams about the iRest Yoga Nidra Certification Program here >>
To find out more about the Integrative Restoration Institute, please visit irest.us >>